Thursday, December 14, 2006

Thankful

I have been starting each day thinking of all I have to be thankful for. The reasons I do what I do. Even after all I have been through in the past year, I still have many things to be thankful for. Many. And even some new things that have came my way recently. It is amazing to me how many positive things can gravitate toward you when you open yourself up a little more.

I am so thankful for my family and friends. My sisters have always been my rock to fall back on when needed. They are always in my corner. My young nephews are two of the finest young men I have ever known, and I am proud for what small part I played in helping them turn out that way. My inlaws and their family who accept me as one of their own, as crazy as that may be.

My oldest friends, willing to sacrifice whatever is needed to keep in touch with me. Always keeping the home fire burning. Always. I can never forget that.

My new friends, even friends I have made the past few months. People have been so kind to me in so many ways, and supportive to a point of me feeling guilty for not trying even harder myself. There are more good people out there than you realize.

My closest friends. The people that get me through each day. That keep my fire lit. That are my constant reminder of how lucky I am. The people who remind me to be thankful.

This is just the beginning. What a way to start each day! Why did I feel so unlucky before?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home