Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Thank God its Tuesday . . . Kind of. . .

Some people know, some people don't, I stay home from work on Wednesdays to recoup and let my legs rest so I can be stronger for Thursdays and Fridays, my busiest days of the week at the office. I used to be allowed to work from home on Wednesdays, but because of circumstances beyond my control (or my bosses, or his bosses control) I now have the privelege of staying home and receiving NO pay. Now this doesn't work out good for me, for my management, for the customers I do exclusive work for, or really even the company, but this is the decision that has been handed down from on high. Oddly enough, the employee manual doesn't say anywhere in its contents that I can't do work from home (especially when it's needed, and approved by my management) but thats the way my life goes. Fuck me. Basically, I think the way it came down was somebody probably went to a manager (not mine) and said "I sure wish anybody could work from home" and that was all it took for them to stop me, whether there is medical necessity or not . . . Anyway, at least once I get to Tuesday I know I have a day of rest the next day, even if it is taking a hit finacially. Right now I need the down time. I am hoping it isn't always this way. So last night I came home sick, feeling like I was going to vomit all evening. Compared to that, tonight is great. Just my normal back, knee and feet pain with some extra special cramping thrown in for good measure. I have drank some extra water tonight in hopes that would relax the cramping, and am staying warmer than I'd like to try and help it also. I lead such an exciting life. Paula was in better spirits today, on Tuesday and Thursday she doesn't have the painful treatments she has to have on M-W-F, and the new season of "House" was beginning tonight and she and her mom were going to watch it together. I am just glad she has something, ANYTHING, she can enjoy and look forward to. the doctors are encouraged with her progress on the leg, and hope to do the final graft within the next week or two. Then if all goes well, maybe we can begin the countdown to coming home. I will keep hoping and praying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home