Tuesday, July 25, 2006

No News Isn't Necessarily Good News

Well not much has changed in the last couple weeks. . . Paula is still at Christ Hospital, and probably will be for the forseeable future because of the much lower risk of infection and the much greater attention that can be given to her wounds. She is receiving IV antibiotics and pain medication, (currently a Dilaudid and Methadone combo) and is receiving treatments every other day that are harsh enough they require sedation. She has been in considerable pain and is very saddened by the setback with the original grafts. We are still unsure what the next step will be exactly, or how soon the doctors will want to proceed. The original estimates put the next graft some time as early as next week, but we are trying not to get too anxious, because we know how things go.

I am hanging in there, but it isn't easy. I am amazed at Paula's strength through this ordeal. Although she is incredibly sad and had lost most of what little hope she once had, she is still as kind and gentle and concerned about me, our family, our friends and our jobs as she always has been. I really hope we get some good news to cling to soon, as lately the negativity from the failure of the first graft still exists. We really need some new hope.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers, I know it has helped her and I both to remain strong through times nobody should be forced to endure. I will do my best to keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home