Wednesday, December 13, 2006

It's Been A While . . .

Well, its been a while since Paula passed away. October 27, 2006 was the day. My hometown Cardinals won the World Series that night, but all I could think of was losing my wife. I'll never forget the nine years I got to be married to the nicest girl I have ever known. I don't want to forget. Hell, if anything I want to remember. I hope my friends and family help me to do that. I am a strong person, and I am on the mend. The holiday season is totally different this year. It may never be the same as it was. But you know, the best part about Paula for me was that it didn't need to be Christmas or my birthday or our anniversary or whatever for her to treat me special. That girl loved me, 24/7, as much as she possibly could. Her heart was connected to mine. I won't ever lose that. This blog has started out as a place for me to go to talk. To update my friends, to rant about whatever was up at the moment, and to mention notable happenings in my life. For the past year, it was where I kept people updated on the saga of Paula's treatment. Paula liked me having a place to put my thoughts. She didn't especially like me using it to update her status. I know she'd want me to get back to what makes me ME.

So starting now, I am going to do just that. I loved my wife, and always will. Always. But now it is time to focus on JIM. Please feel free to continue reading, leave a comment if you'd like, or drop me a note. If you would like to leave a note about Paula, please check out the online guest book at the Chicago Sun Times website:
http://obits.suntimes.com/ChicagoSunTimes/GB/GuestbookView.aspx?PersonId=19911455

It will be a place where all family and friends can go to read and share stories about this great lady. Thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home