Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Cruel Irony

One of my favorite things in the world is cruel irony. In fact, finding ironic things is kind of a hobby of mine. That and coining new terms. Kind of Sienfeldian of me, I could say, LOL . . . See what I mean? Well, you either get it or you don't . . .

I get a lot of news off the internet, and my home page is Yahoo. They always have like a "top 5 stories" as their lead in. Today's heading was:
• Astronaut Faces Attempted Murder Charge
A NASA astronaut accused of trying to kidnap a romantic rival will remain in jail because authorities planned to charge her with attempted first-degree murder...

Followed immediately by the second headline story of:
• 6 Ways to Bounce Back After Messing Up at Work

I just pictured all the other astronauts at the office drinking their Tang, snickering about what a crazy bitch they always thought she was anyway . . . And then I chuckled hoping they too would see the second story on Yahoo about how to "bounce back after messing up at work" . . . Of course that brings the question, do astronauts even have access to the internet at the office? DO they have an office? What a bitch to have to wear those funky space suits all day. Damn. I bet they use some serious Gold Bond powder, if you know what I mean . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home