Sunday, March 25, 2007

If I can do this, I can do anything . . .

Well, Friday I spent the day at University of Illinois Chicago Hospital getting all my final approval for my surgery on Tuesday, April 10th. I have been on a liquid diet since last Sunday night, and have had a rough week physically. I am dealing with the hunger fairly well, its the fatigue and lack of energy that is killing me. That and the fact that I am peeing so often and so much that it is also exhausting. (Like geting up 4 or 5 times in the night even!) And I am not talking tinkle either, I am talking gully washer! Holy shit its tiring. I am averaging around 700 calories a day, which is not very much . . . I am fairly short triggered anyway, so now I am more like a fucking mine field. You don't know which mine you'll step on, I may laugh, may cry, or may just bitch and moan about something. But I must say, the Amazing Super Prick (my new superhero name) that lives deep inside me has reared his head a few times already! Watch out!

Hey, thank God I have a sense of humor. I am serious. If anybody ever doubted that, let me tell you, I am GOOD. If I don't develop a standup routine out of the whole things I have been through I am missing the boat. So many situations that I think most people would truly give up over, I just take in stride, laugh about it, and walk on. (Slowly, but getting faster!) I couldn't do it without the constant support I have had. Those closest to me know who they are, and I love them for it. I am going to do this thing. I will blog or email updates when I can. But its pretty much me and the liquids for the next two weeks . . . Oh and did I mention they want to take my pain medication away for ten days prior to surgery? LOL . . . See, it just keeps getting funny, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home