Thursday, March 15, 2007

My Next UIC Hospital Visit

Well I confirmed today that my final followup at University of Illinois-Chicago Hospital is next Friday, March 23 at 2PM. I will meet with the surgeon, Dr.Galvani, and with the Doctor in charge of me anesthesia (sp?) and get my final clearance and a surgery date. Tenative dates are April 10 or April 24. The surgeon is out of town the week in between and wants to be in town for my hospital recovery before his leaving town. They may decide to make me wait till he comes back. I respect him and appreciate his wanting to be here for me. They have been super to deal with. There is one nurse in particular who has been my champion throughout this process, her name is Maryann Holtcamp. She has been wonderful to me, and is in contact with me almost daily via email letting me know what they are doing to get me further along, and helping me accomplish the many things that have needed to be done to make this all happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home