Monday, May 22, 2006

Another Wild, Wonderful Weekend

No seriously, come on... My life sucks. Only good thing was some more productivity around the house, and I finally got to see the epic movie "Braveheart" starring Mel Gibson. (Like you didn't know that) 'Twas a wee bit long, but it had me ready to rebel by the time it was over! I fashioned a kilt out of a red blanket and heavy duty packing tape and a sword out of a mop handle and wandered slowing around the apartment looking for things I could swat at and not break. Of course I was winded within 2 minutes and just went to bed. Great movies inspire me. . .

Regarding Paula, Dr. Ennis made his visit on Friday and still likes her progress. They are going to stay on this course and are adjusting her medicines again for pain relief. He still says 2-3 weeks away from the next step, which we are hoping is something that means "home." She is holding up pretty well, I think as well as anyone would this long away from home. And for you other internet addicts like us, imagine 4 1/2 weeks with NO internet access. Nothing. And knowing that there were still several weeks more at least... Ouch. Makes my mind go numb thinking of it. So anyway, got to see her again last night and had a nice visit. Ita always great to see her, but very painful to leave. And I mean PAINFUL.

I can't wait to get her home!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just thinking of you 2. Hoping the best in narcotics for Paula & "tolerable" lonely night for u.
Lotsa Love, KK

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home