Monday, February 20, 2006

Daytona, Presidents Day and Head East

Okay, it is the end of the annual NASCAR Super Bowl, the Daytona 500, and Jimmie Johnson wins. My television is so lucky I love it, or I would have kicked the fucking tube out. I am so fucking tired of Johnson already, and I had three months of off season to calm down my bitterness from last year. His sicky sweet, humble, "everybody is wonderful" bullshit gets so old, SO FAST. Fine, be a nice guy. But for God's sake, have a bit of spine, will you? I am so tired of you, and it is week fucking one. Great . . .

What the fuck is up with Presidents Day? Great that we honor them, but why do SOME offices close and not others? And why do banks close for every fucking Hallmark holiday known to exist? Seriously, is it the banks that make these things up? Working for the Sun Times company, we publish multiple publications daily, and others twice weekly, weekly, monthly and quarterly. Even on weekends and holidays. Without fail. Regardless of weather. The press never sleeps. It is relentless. There is activity at our offices 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Why is it that you can deposit a check AT THE BANK on Thursday prior to the weekend, and now today (Presidents Day) I still don't have access to my mother fucking money? BUT, I can drop my Netflix movie envelope in the mailbox on Monday and get an email from Netflix (in another fucking city, by the way) that it is received on Tuesday? And that is through the US Mail! Any bank fuckers out there have an answer for that???

Paula got me the 20th Century Masters CD of Head East's greatest hits and it is awesome! Talk about bringing back good memories! What a great band. A lot of the folks who live in the Chicagoland area don't remember them, but where I come from the were hot! (St.Louis area) Anyway, it was a great gift and I always like having new music to listen to. I love the classics!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home